“The more you know about something, the better you can manage it. The more you know about yourself, the better you can manage your life. This is called self-realization.”
In this chaotic world, thousands of people are living aimlessly. More now than ever during this pandemic, many find themselves adrift, with no set purpose for their futures. Fortunately, reaching your full potential as a person is possible through self-realization.
You’ve probably heard this term many times before, whether in classes, on TV or in religious sermons. However, the essence of self-realization is that you can reach the best version of yourself. In simpler words, it is finding that which makes you unique so that you can live your life to the fullest.
But how is it possible to achieve self-realization in such a turbulent and materialistic society? Is there a way to develop my full potential? If you are asking yourself this question, then stay here! As Maolibox, a leading coaching and personal development organization in Montreal, we will explain everything about enlightenment and self-realization so that you can find yourself.
Let’s get started!
Definition of self-realization, what is it for?
Defining self-realization is not simple, as it is a complex term that can be approached from many perspectives, from religion to psychology. However, to put it simply, self-actualization is reaching one’s full potential as an individual.
But beware! Self-realization is not about making the greatest possible fortune in life or achieving materialistic ambitions. Of course not! Self-realization goes beyond that, for the goal is to become one with your universal self. Moreover, if you seek self-realization, then you need to open your mind and heart to new horizons.
In fact, self-realization does not imply perfection. Rather, it is recognizing your limits and accepting all difficulties. Of course, it is also crucial that you identify your strengths, abilities, talents and emotions so that you can reach a higher level of self-awareness.
In this way, you will have the opportunity to become the best possible version of yourself. You will even be able to do things you never even imagined. Therefore, self-actualization entails a hard work of self-exploration and self-reflection about your life.
To do this, you must evaluate your present, set clear goals for the future and dedicate all your energy. Besides, another great advantage of this process is that it applies to all areas of life. You can engage in self-realization at work, in your studies, with your family, with your friends, etc.
What psychology and Maslow say
According to modern psychology, self-actualization is the crown of human experience. In other words, the need for self-actualization is at the top of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, even above the needs for security, love, esteem, belonging and survival.
Consequently, self-actualization becomes the most complex need, as it can only be achieved once you have satisfied the other basic needs. For this reason, you will have to focus all your energy on knowing yourself and discovering how to live fully.
Of course, Maslow’s model and other specialists are not definitive, but they are a good starting point to approach things in a more orderly way. Professional therapy, motivational literature and coaching can also help you prioritize different spheres of your life so that you can achieve self-fulfillment.
What characterizes a fulfilled individual?
As mentioned above, self-actualization is unique to each individual. Some can be self-actualized in music, in their jobs, helping others, in sports, in art, being a teacher, healing patients… In short, there are countless ways to be self-actualized, but you must find your own.
However, there are certain common characteristics that are associated with people who have achieved self-realization. Among the most frequent are:
- Compassion, empathy and kindness both individually and for others.
- Health and happiness. Self-realized people tend to be healthier and more energetic in all dimensions of their lives.
- Emotional and social independence. People who have achieved self-acceptance live unconcerned with negative opinions or social prejudices.
- Strong sense of truth and reality. Self-accomplished people are objective and principled.
- Great sense of humor and spontaneity in accepting mistakes and helping others.
- Naturalness. Self-actualized people are freer and are not afraid of sticking to worn-out routines.
- Meaningful friendships and relationships that last for a long time.
- Ability to enjoy, accept and cope with all of life’s experiences, whether good or bad.
- Strong sense of justice and fairness.
- Interest in the welfare of others, or also known as “social feeling”.
These are some of the main traits of a self-actualized person. However, don’t get frustrated if this list seems unattainable. Remember that self-actualization is a lifelong process, not a short-term goal. It is a constant journey in our humanity. No matter the pace at which you discover yourself, the important thing is to achieve it.
How to become a self-actualized person?
Self-realization is a long road of personal development. However, the reward of working on the best version of yourself will allow you to live a life of purpose and authenticity. Moreover, you can undertake this work with the people around you or by seeking professional help.
Therefore, as Maolibox, specialists in coaching and personal wellness, we recommend these useful tips for self-realization. In this way, you will have a small guide to walk the path of personal enlightenment correctly. Let’s see what they are!
1. Practice acceptance of what will come regardless of the situation. Life will always give bitter and happy surprises, but it is up to you to decide how to cope.
2. Live spontaneously. Let yourself be carried away by joy, by sadness and by all the sensations you can experience. Do not limit yourself to the opinion of others or to social prejudices. Your professional and personal development plan should not be rigid, but flexible.
3. Focus on the present. Let go of all the baggage of the past and don’t spend your life worrying about the future. If you don’t live in the now, you will never achieve your full potential as an individual.
4. Surround yourself with good company. Friends, family and romantic partners play an important role in your life, so be sure to nurture positive relationships with them.
5. Appreciate the little things in life, from small gifts, good weather, a delicious meal, a trip to another country, or petting your pet.
6. Find time for yourself. Company is good, of course, but it’s also essential to get away from the daily hustle and bustle and spend some quality time alone. You can even indulge in your hobbies.
7. Meditate at every stage of your life and seek inner peace. The ties of the past must disappear.
8. Develop empathy for others. You can sign up to volunteer or plan social welfare projects, from cleaning up your neighborhood to organizing donation drives. In short, get out of your comfort zone.
9. Have faith in a better tomorrow and the fact that things can be changed for the better.
10. Seek professional help, whether it’s with a psychologist, therapist or spiritual leader. Getting an extra push is not a bad thing, especially from those who inspire.
Start your self-realization journey with MaoliBox!
Now that you know all about self-realization and how to achieve personal enlightenment, what are you waiting for to apply this information! This is not a process of a couple of weeks nor is it a quantifiable goal. On the contrary, this path of self-improvement involves a lifetime of adjustments and experiences.
But don’t worry! Even if it takes longer than you think, this effort will allow you to reach your full potential as an individual. For that reason, self-actualization is a great way to lead a fulfilling and purposeful life.
One day at a time, one step at a time; always with an open mind and a heart willing to accept change. Remember, life is a rough road. Don’t limit yourself only to material aspirations either. Include your dreams, your illusions, your loved ones and your spiritual well-being. And with the right guidance, you can achieve success and fulfillment!
So, if you want to become the best version of yourself, we can help you! At MaoliBox, we are specialists in personal and emotional development. Whatever life problem you are facing, we will deal with it!
As a company, we provide you with the most effective coaching courses to help you develop your full potential. We also offer a variety of products in our online store that will help you achieve a better spiritual balance (from books, agendas and other accessories). You can find us in Saint-Laurent, Montreal.
We will be happy to support you!
Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us! You can also learn about more interesting topics of personal and spiritual development on our blog. If you want to learn more about our products and services, contact us by clicking on the image below!
At MaoliBox, our priority is your well-being and harmony, find your purpose and happiness with us!